District Panchayat Office
Profile of The Gram Panchayats In West Godavari District:
West Godavari District is having 881 Gram Panchayats covering 48 Mandals including seized Mandals.
The main object of the Panchayat Raj Department is to provide civic amenities to the rural public.
|Total Area of the District||10102 sq.km.|
|Total Population of the District (Rural Population)||31,44,016|
|No. of Panchayat Mandals||48|
|No. of Panchayat Divisions||4|
|No. of Gram Panchayats||909|
The following are the Names of Divisional Panchayat Officers working at present in the District:-
|Sl.No||Name of the Division Head Quarter||Name of the Divisional Panchayat Officer|
|1.||Eluru (FAC)||Sri M.Bala Rama Raju (FAC)|
|2.||Jangareddigudem||Sri K Jogeswararao (FAC)|
|4.||Narsapuram||Smt K. Naga Latha|
The following are the details of Gram Panchayats Division wise:-
|Sl. No.||Name of the Division||No.of Mandals||No.of Erstwhile Notified
|No.of Erstwhile Non-Notified GPs||Total No. of Gram Pts.|
All the 909 Gram Panchayats in the District have been formed into 591 Panchayat Clusters as shown below:-
|Name of the Division||No. of Mandals||Total No. of GPs||Details of Clusters|
Positioning of Panchayat Secretaries in Clusters
|Sl. No||Grade||Cadre Strength||Addl Cadre Strength||Total||Working||Vacant|
|1||P.S Grade-I (243+1)||244||–||244||231||13|
|3||P.S Grade-III (138+6)||144||–||144||93||51|
|4||P.S Grade-IV (42+16)||58||101||159||128||31|
Activities & income source in West Godavari District
- Computers were provided to each Gram Panchayat and e-Office & Bio Metric attendance is being implemented in all Gram Panchayats. Not only Gram Panchayat staff, but the employees of all the Departments are marking their attendance in these Gram Panchayats.
- All Gram Panchayat Records are computerized. Thus, Public can download Birth, Death and Property certificate directly from online.
- In Phase-I, Solid Waste Management is taken up in 48 Mandal Head Quarter Gram Panchayats. Vermi Compost Sheds were constructed with NREGS Funds.
- 909 Dumping Yards were identified in 909 Gram Panchayats.
- Vermi Compost sheds were constructed so far in 804 Gram Panchayats with NREGS funds.
- To Control communicable diseases, special sanitation drives are being taken up in this district.
- Cleaning up of OHSRs and chlorination of all Drinking Water Sources.
- House Tax, Fishery Leases, Avenues, Market kisties, Aseelu, Layout and building fee, Kabela etc., The Government have been releasing Grants under 14th Finance Commission regularly to the Gram Panchayats to take up developmental activities as per guidelines issued thereunder.
DRINKING WATER (PWS Schemes & Hand Pumps):-
Types of Drinking Water Supply Scheme details as shown below:
|Sri Satya Sai Water Supply Scheme||115 Gr.Pts|
Sanitation, Drinking Water Supply, Street Lighting and to take up developmental activities in and around the village according to funds availability.
Besides, that this Department is taken up different activities as entrusted by the District Administration and by the Government like distribution of NTR Bharosa pensions, construction of ISLs etc.,
Income sources of the Gram Panchayat :
House Tax, Fishery Leases, Avenues, Market kisties, Aseelu, Layout and building fee, Kabela etc., The Government have been releasing Grants under 14th Finance Commission regularly to the Gram Panchayats to take up developmental activities as per guidelines issued thereunder.
The Panchayat Secretary set up was introduced by the Government in the year 2002 and their job chart was designed vide G.O.Ms.No.295,PR and RD Dt. 2007. The immediate superior officer for the Panchayat Secretary is Extension Officer(PR and RD) and he has to ensure that the administration in the Gram Panchayat is in order and in accordance with Law and provisions.
The next level hierarchy is Divisional Panchayat Officer and then District Panchayat Officer. They will inspect the Gram Panchayats periodically and see that the administration of such Gram Panchayats are in order.
There is every need to augment the resources of the Gram Panchayats to meet the daily needs of sanitation, drinking water supply and street lighting which are mandatory to provide to the general public residing in rural areas.
For this, the Gram Panchayats have to levy Drainage Cess and Lighting cess , advertisement Tax on hoardings erected in the limits of the Gram Panchayats
Central & State Level Applications / PES Applications
1. PRIASOFT (accountingonline.gov.in)
Captures receipt and expenditure details through voucher entries and automatically generates cash book, registers, etc.
2. AREA PROFILER (areaprofiler.gov.in)
Captures geographic, demographic, infrastructural, socio-economic and natural resources profile of a village / panchayat. Universal database for planning of all sectoral programmes and also provides details of Elected Representatives, etc.
3. National Panchayat Protal (NPP) (appr.gov.in)
Dynamic Web site for each Panchayat to share information in public domain. ( Its a Specific Website for a Panchayat Which includes Details Like Grama Sabha, Photos, Tenders, Flash News, Information to Public etc..).
4. National Asset Directory (NAD) (assetdirectory.gov.in)
Captures the Details of all the Movable and Immovable Assets created/maintained; helps avoid duplication of works.
5. Local Government Directory (LGD) (lgdirectory.gov.in)
It will be used by the Central and State departments who are responsible for forming new States/UTs, new Districts, new Sub-Districts, new villages and new local government bodies. It captures all details of local governments and assigns unique code. Also maps Panchayats with Assembly and Parliamentary Constituencies.
6. Plan Plus (Planningonline.gov.in)
Helps Panchayats, Urban Local Bodies and line departments in preparing Perspective, Annual and Action Plans.
7. CIVIL REGISTRATION SYSTEM(CRS) (crsorgi.gov.in)
This system provides Centralized data management of all recorded events for Birth, Death and Still Birth Registration and Certificate Generation across the Country.
8. PEAIS (panchayataward.gov.in)
Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India has been incentivizing the best performing Panchayats recommended by the State Governments/UT Administrations since 2011-12. The awards are given on the National Panchayati Raj Day celebrated on 24th of April every year.
- Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar (PSP) in General and Thematic categories for all three levels of Panchayats.
- Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha (RGGS) Puraskar to Gram Panchayats for outstanding performance of Gram Sabha.
MGNREGS Award to Gram Panchayats for good work in the implementation of MGNREGS activities (To be awarded by MoRD).
9. DIGITAL PANCHAYAT :
The Commissioner Panchayati Raj and Rural Development has initiated Digital Panchayat ,a Flagship G2C project, for Computerization and online issuance of citizen centric certificates. After a detailed system study by NIC, the department prioritized the applications to be automated for gram Panchayats. The application areas are Birth and Death Registrations, House Tax Demand Collections, Trade Licenses, Property valuation, mutations, water tap connection, NOC, Building permission, Layout permissions and MNREGA Job Card. These applications provide an end to end solution for all the gram panchayats in the state. The software facilitates generation of certificates, payment gateway for citizens, eSign facility for panchayat functionaries, SMS and email alerts. The Computerisation of all the 3-tiers of PRIs i.e Zilla Praja Parishad , Mandal Praja Parishad(Block) and Gram Panchayats is also in place. The citizen centric functional areas are :-
- HOUSE TAX (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It captures all the Houses Tax Details and used for serving Demand notices and generates Online Receipts.
- TRADE LICENSE (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It captures all the Trades Details and used for grant License, Renewal that License through Online.
- PROPERTY VALUATIUON CERTIFICATE (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It captures all the Properties Details from House Tax Application and used for generate Property Valuation Certificate through Online.
- MUTATION CERTIFICATE (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It captures all the Properties Details from House Tax Application and used for generate Mutation Certificate through Online.
- WATER TAP CONNECTION (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It captures all the Houses Details from House Tax Application and used for generate Water Tap Connection Proceedings through Online.
- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It is used for generate Marriage Certificate through Online.
- NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE(NOC) (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It is used for generate No Objection Certificate for Small, Medium and Large Scale Industries through Online which are come from Single Window, District DIC, Citizen/Firm.
- BUILDING PERMISSION (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It is used for generate Building Permission proceedings to Citizens through Online.
- LAYOUT PERMISSION (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It is used for generate Layout Permission proceedings to Citizens through Online.
- MGNREGA JOB CARD (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It is used for generate Job Card to wage seekers of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act through Online.
- RAPID ASSESSMENT OF PANCHAYAT RESOURCES(RAPR) (mpanchayat.ap.gov.in)
It captures the Taxes and Non Taxes Details and records Daily Tax Collection Details.
- E-PANCHAYAT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (epmis.ap.nic.in)
It provides the MIS Reports of RAPR application all services which are made available in Digital Panchayat website.
10. PANCHAYATI RAJ INSTITUTIONS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM(PRIMS) (http://prim.ap.gov.in)
It captures the Convergence Meeting Reports, RAPR Survey Reports, Panchayat Office Building Survey Reports, Annual Action Plan 7 Formats and Drinking water and Sanitation Reports.
11. UNIFIED BIRTH AND DEATH(UBD) (http://ubd.ap.gov.in:8080/UBD/)
It captures Births and Deaths Details of GP Citizens and provide Births and Deaths certificates through meeseva centres.
12. Action soft: http://reportingonline.gov.in/
- Tool for Work Progress Reporting System
- Facilitating the RLB, ULB , Line Departments and Autonomous body to report the physical and financial progress of works
- Working in collaboration with PlanPlus and PriaSoft
- Capturing the work execution flow
- Converging and keeping track of the flow of funds from different sources during implementation
- Helping to bring about total transparency in the reporting of physical and financial progress
- The Approved works of Action Plan of a particular plan year from PlanPlus
- Approval by Technical & Administrative Authorities.
- Release of funds for the expenditure incurred.
- mActionSoft is a mobile phone application to capture and upload the physical progress of on-going assetbased works. mActionSoft is developed to drive effective governance and better transparency
mActionSoft acts as a supplementary tool that provides asset details (stage-wise photo and geographical coordinates of asset) into ActionSoft (which is one of the 11 applications under e-Panchayat Mission Mode Project)